For the protection of the works of art and our visitors, the following policy currently applies when you visit Crawford Art Gallery.
Protection of the Artworks
• Do not touch any artwork (including sculptures and frames). Please keep a safe distance between you and each work of art to avoid accidental touching or bumping. Please do not lean on walls or display cases (either to write or for physical support).
• Food and drink cannot be brought into the Gallery. Food and drink may only be consumed in the Gallery café and may not be carried into the exhibition galleries or other areas.
• Strollers are allowed in all galleries unless otherwise noted.
• Luggage, carry-on bags, and oversize backpacks are not allowed in the Gallery and cannot be checked in. Lockers are available for public use and can accommodate medium-sized bags. To ensure the safety of the collection, the Gallery does not permit visitors to carry bags on their backs in the exhibition galleries.
• Coats and small umbrellas may be carried into the galleries. Large umbrellas are not permitted.
• An adult should accompany children at all times in the Gallery.
• Still photography is permitted for private, non-commercial use only in the galleries devoted to the permanent collection. Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
• Photography is not permitted in special exhibitions or areas designated as "No Photography". Please take note of public signage in the gallery.
• The use of flash photography is prohibited at all times and in all galleries.
• Camera extension poles and selfie sticks are not permitted.
• Please respect the wishes of all visitors by not obstructing the view of the paintings or taking pictures of anyone without their permission.
• For press and other special photography, including film projects, please contact email@example.com in advance.
Crawford Art Gallery reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises or to reproduce photographs of objects in its collection.
Please inform the nearest member of Gallery staff or security personnel located at the bookshop if you require first aid in the galleries.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Gallery.
Please avoid talking on mobile phones in the Gallery, as this may be disruptive to other visitors.